For my Friends
For having done many different things, my friends sometimes ask me what was the overall consistency in my course as an industrial researcher, consultant and entrepreneur. Looking back, I think the universal denominator in all my professional choices has always been love mingled with curiosity, but to meditate my thirty years, here is a factual résumé of my background, a kind of professional summary:
- I had my high school degree with honours in 2003 diplome-bac
- In 2005 I obtained a DEUG diplome-deug ; diplome-de-deug (2 first years of BA) in Biology specializing in Chemistry with Honours from the University of Paris-Sud Orsay (the ancestor of Paris-Saclay) top 1%, seven letters of recommendation and two internships including one in a CNRS team with whom I had to sign an intellectual property contract covering the duration of the placement.
- I was admitted by competitive record as « pre Ph.D student » (prédoctorant) to Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS Paris) in 2005 in the biology section (Bio’05) certificat-scolarite-ens ; licence-ens then I was reselected in Cogmaster acceptation-cogmaster-1 co-delivered by the School for Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences (EHESS), where I defended my Master 1, and then selected for a third time for my Master 2 acceptation-master2-taddei in the “Interdisciplinary Approach to Life” cursus master-1-ens; master-2. In general, I did not mention that I was also eligible to file ENS Cachan in 2005, but since it was asked me, I state it here.acceptation-ens-cachan
- I was then invited in 2006 as a paid research assistant at the Department of Experimental Psychology at the University of Cambridge, final co-author of a publication in psychoacoustics. I returned to Cambridge in 2009 as research assistant, this time to study magnetoencephalography data (MEG) “Dominance area for pitch at low Fundamental frequencies. Implications for pitch theories,” Brian CJ Moore, Brian Glasberg, Idriss Aberkane, Samantha Pinker, Candida Caldicot-Bull in The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America (impact Factor: 1.5) .01 / 2007.Cambridge
- I was invited to Stanford University in 2006, first as “Visiting Scholar” (which is often translated as guest researcher in French academic parlance) by Professor Solomon Feferman, Schock Prize of logic invitation-stanford ; acceptation-stanford. I gave three lectures at the University – then I maintained a constant working relationship, physical as moral, with an excellent team who honestly accounts for my contributions to its work by listing me as one of their many “Affiliated Scholar” since then. In particular, I organized a summer school with them on the man-machine interface, which would foreshadow my Ecole Polytechnique/Paris-Saclay The concept of “Shared Prosperity” carried by this team is also at the heart of the zero-interest microcredit operator that I created in Senegal in 2009 and which is for them a scientific case study of their work (see point 11 of this document)
- I have been a « young researcher» doctoral student at the Ecole Polytechnique (Paris-Saclay University) France’s top school of engineering, registered for an industrial CIFRE thesis supported in 2016 also under the auspices of the University of Paris-Saclay, and paid by the industrial partner as a Research Engineer, for the problem (thesis written in English) “Software Neuroergonomics and Biomimetics for Knowledge Economy: Why? How? What? “. First prepared in CREA (Centre for Research in Applied Epistemology founded by neurobiologist Francisco Varela), after an integration at Polytechnic University Paris Saclay I was enrolled in the graduate school Sciences of Man and Society at the Centre for Management Research (CNRS Unit) in the specialty Management Sciences. This thesis focuses on Neuroergonomy and Biomimetics (self-organization, procedural generation, knowledge morphogenesis and bio-inspiration) applied to knowledge management contrat-cifre. It is confidential until 2021 because it contains sensitive software expertise on the date of publication. Professional industrial researchers usually publish very little outside of their finished products or their patents, but I am against software patents. diplome-doctorat-polytechnique
- I am teaching at the CentraleSupélec school of engineering (France’s second school of engineering, also a member of University Paris-Saclay) since 2011; cours-centrale-2011-2012; cours-centrale-2011-2012-n2 ; cours-centrale-2012-2013 ; cours-centrale-2012-2013-n2 creator of the full course of Specialized Masters in “Economy and Geopolitics of Knowledge” cours-centrale-2013-2014 ; cours-centrale-2013-2014-n2; cours-centrale-2014-2015; cours-centrale-2015-2016, and I have directed so many Specialized Masters thesis (selective formation writable only after a Masters) that I cannot remember the number. This course – always very popular – has been. Therefore I am a teacher at CentralSupélec, who also performs industrial research, prototyping and development in innovative software and serious games, and I repeatedly reached market placement, an activity which cannot be called anything else than advanced Industrial research. The subject of an original industrial research since I have designed a war game of a new genre, called kFlow, which was subsequently deepened by Serge Soudoplatoff (former industrial researcher at Cap Gemini) and sold to several large customers.
- I am since August 2014 a Professor of Knowledge Economy for the accredited Mazars Executive NextMBA affidavit-dr-aberkane
- On an ethical level, I deckare that an industrial researcher must always acknowledge the institutions in which a significant portion of its research was carried out, even when he preserves the entire industrial property of it which is my case. For me it came especially from the Research Centre for Management which is a CNRS unit and The Institute for Complex Systems in Paris that largely falls within the CNRS and of which I was a resident. I also interned in a CNRS laboratory in 2005 and it was, of course, to do research. Later I even had to go to a CNRS valuation pole to declare my business creation activity.
- I had defended three full doctorates when I wasI 29 years old. The first doctorate was following my military education as a reserve naval officer officier-de-marine , it was on the Geopolitics of Knowledge, at the Centre for Diplomatic and Strategic Studies (CEDS) in Paris thes-ceds. It was a very demanding Ph.D. since unlike the other two, it could not be defended without validating a dedicated year of ranked courses and with written exams in English issued by former Ministers, plenipotentiary Ministers or Generals, which is an exceptional requirement and to my knowledge a unique one for a French doctorate annee-avant-these-ceds. The merit and the originality of this PhD resulted in a publication submitted to the review of an editorial board composed of three international scholars, “Noopolitic: the power of knowledge” at Fondapol and then republished at the University Press of France (PUF). Extremely rare fact, this publication has been translated into Chinese, Korean and English (see the Fondapol website)
- The second doctorate is in Comparative Literature and Mediterranean Studies at the University of Strasbourg doctorat-litterature-pdf and the third, at Ecole Polytechnique – Université Paris-Saclay. Its subecj was applied Neuroergonomy and bio-inspiration, and again one of its chapters was peer-reviewed and published by Fondapol then republished by the University Press of France, once again translated into Chinese, English and Korean.
- I created my first company in 2009 in Senegal, eirin-international which has planted more than ten thousand trees in the Sahel – including the edible Moringa – and delivers zero-interest microcredits for the Fulani families of the river valley. I have also taken students there under the auspices of a humanitarian study program of the CentraleSupélec school.
- Thereafter I created or co-created two companies. Scanderia, nouveau-kbis-scanderia-oct-2016 which sold the kFlow game, and another LLC kbis-mars-2015 under the French law that delivers training services and industrial research to multinational companies
- In France, it is not legally possible to be a company executive and a public servant at the same time. Creating and directing my first social enterprise in 2009, just before I started my doctoral research, and knowing that I would create two later, I knew therefore that I would never have a career as a French state researcher and it is for this reason that I have chosen the way of industrial and applied research, an area where the professional almost never publishes his work. However, I still think that basic research, in France in particular, is exceptionally good, and that the CNRS, of course, is an extraordinarily prolific body, a treasure for France and for humanity, and that the professional attendance of its laboratories since 2004 and until 2016, notably as a resident, inspired me a lot.
- I am also Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Complex Systems Digital Campus (CS-DC) UNESCO UNI TWIN ambassadeur-unesco-unitwin